KaNest® terminal simulator (KN-R) is used to test hosts in a transactional environment. KN-R sends requests to the host and validates responses from the host.
The KN-R terminal simulation is used to perform unit testing, regression testing, and certification of host applications using black box testing techniques. The test automation capabilities provided by KN-R is used to automate regression testing of hosts and thus dramatically reduce regression test costs.
KaNest® is a well known test tool used to test Acquirers hosts, Issuers hosts, as well as exchange trading engine.
• All test sessions logs are kept in files for deep post test analysis and for easy archiving of test results and audit trail requirements.
• ISO 8583, TLV, fixed or delimited fields, XML messages.
• Multiple simulation channels.
• Loopback capabilities.
• Sophisticated cryptography, including EMV algorithms.
• Support of external Microsoft Access database used to build data driven tests.
• Load and stress testing.
• Remote control capabilities.
KaNest® simulator is a well recognized test software to help Q&A organizations to:
• Automate testing: with the flexibility of KaNest®, repetitive tests can be automated thus saving you precious man-hours that can be allocated in more productive tasks.
• Reduce testing cost: developing an in-house testing solution will drain more financial resources than opting for an already proven and well performing tool like KaNest®. The total cost can be at least 3 to 5 times lower with our simulator.
• Reduce test time: with an easiness of execution the test results provided are clear and easy to manage for a maximum degree of efficiency in the debugging phase.
• Enhance test quality: as the most critical phase in the implementation of any project, the testing phase gives you the quality insurance required in order to fulfill your commitment to your customers. KaNest® provides you with the peace of mind you need to do so with more than 20 years of proven quality testing.
KaNest® is recognized as the state-of-the-art simulator for interoperability testing. It is used by payment associations and networks to certify ISO 8583 members.
It is recognized providing a significant cost saving for testing.
KaNest® can adapt to almost any protocol. It is used to simulate a wide range of transactional systems, including stock exchange, ticketting, payment hosts and terminals.
• KaNest®Viewer to view and print results files (free).
• KaNest®Runtime to execute pre defined test suites, view and print results files.
• Communications: TCP/IP, Dial-up, RS232, X25.
• Formats: ISO 8583 bitmap, TLV fields, Fixed and delimited fields, XML.
• Cryptography: AES, CRC, simple and triple DES, HASF118, LRC, LUHN, MAC, MD2, PIN-Bloc, RSA, RSA CRT, SHA, etc.
• Supported OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (recommended), Windows 8 (soon).
• Hardware Requirements: XGA monitor, 2 Gb hard disk space, one USB port.
Trading Engine Test Solution
KaNest® Terminal Simulator (KN-R) has been successfully used to automate regression testing on many instance of famous M-X Trading Engine.
KaNest® is used to simulate multiple interfaces: SLE, SPI, RLC, FIX, HSVF. It sends orders in and validates the trades and market info sent out by the trading engine.
Using KaNest® has dramatically reduced the time of regression testing from weeks to days. It has also widen the coverage of regression testing and results are used for test audit.
Base24 Test Solution
KaNest® Terminal Simulator (KN-R) has been successfully used to automate regression testing on many instance of famous Base24 Acquiring Host.
KaNest® is used to simulate POS and Integrated Merchant Solutions, and generate both magnetic and EMV transactions.
Going from KaNest® generic simulator to a test solution is a two
• Customized the protocol parser (Repository) based on the communication protocol specification.
• Program the test cases (Workshop) based on the test plan.
Programmation is based on KaNest® internal scripting language and parsing capabilities.
KaNest® Remote Control API
KaNest® Remote Control is an API for other Windows applications to remotely control KaNest®: start test cases, collect results, etc.
Load test with KaNest®-Director
KaNest®-Director is used to build load test solutions. It builds a cluster of multiple PC running KaNest® in parallel in order to dynamically generate the requested volume. While sending requests, each KaNest® continues to validate responses from the Host, and measure the delays between request and response.