KaNest® host simulator (KN-S) is used to test terminals in transactional environment. KN-S validates received requests and sends back responses to the terminal.
The KN-S server simulation is used to perform unit testing, regression testing, and certification of terminal applications using black box testing techniques. The test automation capabilities provided by KN-S is used to automate testing and thus reduce test costs. It also reduces the need for costly test environment by providing an easy to manage server simulator.
KaNest® is a well known test tool used to test POS Terminal, ECR, as well as Acquirers hosts.
• All test sessions logs are kept in files for deep post test analysis and for easy archiving of test results and audit trail requirements.
• ISO 8583, TLV, fixed or delimited fields, XML messages.
• Multiple simulation channels.
• Loopback capabilities.
• Sophisticated cryptography, including EMV algorithms.
• Support of external Microsoft Access database used to build data driven tests.
• Load and stress testing.
• Remote control capabilities.
KaNest® simulator is a well recognized test software to help Q&A organizations to:
• Automate testing: with the flexibility of KaNest®, repetitive tests can be automated thus saving you precious man-hours that can be allocated in more productive tasks.
• Reduce testing cost: developing an in-house testing solution will drain more financial resources than opting for an already proven and well performing tool like KaNest®. The total cost can be at least 3 to 5 times lower with our simulator.
• Reduce test time: with an easiness of execution the test results provided are clear and easy to manage for a maximum degree of efficiency in the debugging phase.
• Enhance test quality: as the most critical phase in the implementation of any project, the testing phase gives you the quality insurance required in order to fulfill your commitment to your customers. KaNest® provides you with the peace of mind you need to do so with more than 20 years of proven quality testing.
KaNest® is recognized as the state-of-the-art simulator for interoperability testing. It is used by payment associations and networks to certify ISO 8583 members.
It is recognized providing a significant cost saving for testing.
KaNest® can adapt to almost any protocol. It is used to simulate a wide range of transactional systems, including stock exchange, ticketting, payment hosts and terminals.
• KaNest® Viewer to view and print results files (free).
• KaNest® Runtime to execute pre defined test suites, view and print results files.
• Communications: TCP/IP, Dial-up, RS232, X25.
• Formats: ISO 8583 bitmap, TLV fields, Fixed and delimited fields, XML.
• Cryptography: AES, CRC, simple and triple DES, HASF118, LRC, LUHN, MAC, MD2, PIN-Bloc, RSA, RSA CRT, SHA, etc.
• Supported OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (recommended), Windows 8 (soon).
• Hardware Requirements: XGA monitor, 2 Gb hard disk space, one USB port.
Scheme Network Simulator
KaNest® host Simulator (KN-S) is used to simulate VISNAT, BANKNET, IMN and other Scheme Network.
KaNest® host simulator is used to build an Acquirer Test Environement by simulating not-on-us Issuers.
The use of a fully EMV capable host simulator like KaNest® in an Acquirer test environment is the only way to be able to process a full EMV test transaction at a POS connected to the Acquirer test host.
POS Validation Kit
KaNest® host Simulator (KN-S), with KaNest®-ICC Card Simulator, is succesfully used to implement a pre-certification process of POS.
KaNest® is used to simulate the Base24 Acquiring Host. The simulator helps POS developpers to validate on the spot their developments free from the Host Test environment.
The implemented pre-certification plan forces the POS developper to execute a set of pre-defined test cases and produce a fail/pass diagnostic that must be presented before going into certification with the Acquirer.
KaNest® host Simulator (KN-S) has been succesfully used to simulate a PINPAD.
KaNest® PINPAD simulator is used to ease development and pre-certification of POS or Integrated Merchant Solutions. Using a simulator gives the possibility for negative testing.
The simulator also integrate magnetic and EMV card simulation and thus reduce the need for EMV and non-EMV test cards.
Also, because the simulator automatically handle card insertion and PINPAD entry, it has been used as part of a full automated regression test solution.
Going from KaNest® generic simulator to a test solution is a two
• Customized the protocol parser (Repository) based on the communication protocol specification.
• Program the test cases (Workshop) based on the test plan.
Programmation is based on KaNest® internal scripting language and parsing capabilities.